“Hello there, young ones! I'm Brentilda, Gruntilda's nicer sister. I've crept down here to help you defeat the old hag, it's about time she was taught a lesson!”
Brentilda Winkybunion is one of the four Winkybunion siblings. Unlike the rest of her sisters, Brentilda is a benevolent fairy godmother who abhors her sister Gruntilda's villainy.
Like Gruntilda, Mingella, and Blobbelda, Brentilda is green and has pointed ears. In stark contrast with her sisters' drab black robes, Brentilda wears a frilly, lacey, layered pink gown and a pair of fairy wings. She has her whitish-blond hair up in a bun, wears thin-framed glasses and a golden diadem, and she holds a star-tipped magic wand.
Brentilda hides around various points around Gruntilda's Lair. Gruntilda is likely unaware of her presence, or is simply too lazy to deal with getting rid of her; thus she is free to assist in her defeat.
Every time the duo find Brentilda she tells them three disgusting yet helpful facts about her sister Gruntilda, ranging from the name of her old boyfriend to her favorite color. Each of these facts reveals the answer to a question that Banjo & Kazooie could be asked during the "Grunty Square" sections of Grunty's Furnace Fun. Whenever the player begins a new save file, the game randomly chooses one of three potential correct answers for each of the many questions that can be asked on Grunty Squares. As such, the player must listen to Brentilda if they hope to answer these questions without guesswork.
Interestingly, a painting of Brentilda hangs in the dining room of Mad Monster Mansion.
Brentilda does not appear in Banjo-Tooie, nor is she even mentioned by the other Winkybunions likely due their disownment of her. However, a portrait of Brentilda can be found in Pawno's Emporium in Jolly Roger's Lagoon, leaning against the wall behind a B-K box. This portrait is similar to the one previously seen in Mad Monster Mansion in the last game, only its frame is rectangular instead of arched.
- Brentilda's wardrobe draws heavy inspiration from Glinda the Good Witch of the North from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and its adaptions, while her sisters (specifically Gruntilda) appear to take their designs from the Wicked Witch of the West.
- Although being absent from Banjo-Tooie, she seems to have the same voice as Honey B.
- When Banjo and Kazooie first meet Brentilda, she mentions how her facts about Gruntilda would "save them from a fiery fate", foreshadowing Grunty's Furnace Fun.
- Brentilda is the only one of the Winkybunion sisters to speak normally (Gruntilda speaks in rhyme, while Mingella and Blobbelda speak in anastrophe just like Yoda from the Star Wars franchise).
- She is also the only one of the sisters to not demonstrate any technological know-how (as Gruntilda was implied to be responsible for the design of the beauty transfer device, and Mingella and Blobbelda were implied to be responsible for creating the Big-O-Blaster and possibly the Hag-1).
|Main Characters:||Banjo · Bottles · Brentilda · Gruntilda · Kazooie · Mumbo Jumbo · Tooty|
|Bosses:||Conga · Nipper · Black Snippet · Mutie-Snippet · Yellow Flibbits · Boss Boom Box · The Zubbas|
|Minor Characters:||Ancient Ones · Bikini Girl · Boggy · Captain Blubber · Cheato · Chimpy · Clanker · Croctus · Dingpot · Eyrie · Gloop · Gnawty · Gobi · Grabba · Groggy · Gruntilda's Broomstick · Histup · Jinjo · Jinxy · Juju · Klungo · Leaky · Little Lockup · Loggo · The Mighty Jinjonator · Moggy · Motzand · Mr. Vile · Nabnut · Napper · Roysten · Rubee · Snacker · Snorkel · Soggy · Tanktup · Tiptup · The Tiptup Choir · Toots · Trunker · Tumblar · Warp Cauldrons · Wozza|