Character from the Banjo-Kazooie series.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Clanker is a character found at Clanker's Cavern in Banjo-Kazooie. He is an extremely large aquatic creature, sort of resembling a giant cyborg shark despite having a whale's blowhole, so his actual species is questionable; the Grunty's Furnace Fun quiz, however, always refers to him as a whale. He has organic bits (akin to deep skin tissue, perhaps) of his original body sticking out. Grunty uses him as her Garbage disposal but therefore has him in a worsening condition. He is attached to a chain connected in a deep area at the bottom of the room. Banjo has to swim through a key-loop 3 times to release him. If Banjo drowns after doing that, he'll have to re-do it. Banjo may enter Clanker via his teeth, blowhole and gills. Clanker always moves his eyes wherever Banjo goes.
In a beta video of the game, Clanker appears to be a live, organic creature. Many beta shots show Clanker opening his mouth fully wide open after knocking out his teeth, but it was never seen in the final version of the game.
Clanker can be seen in the background of the course Clanker's River, in the game Banjo-Pilot.
He returns in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts as part of Banjoland, but L.O.G. has separated him into multiple sections. His head sticks out of the wall as an exhibit while his teeth appear as a separate display; a portion of his body containing spinning blades serves as a tunnel; the remainder of him is lodged into the ground as a ramp and bridge. One of the challenges involves protecting his eyes from being stolen by attacking Gruntbots. His blowhole seems to be absent in this game.
- Hitting or Ramming Clanker's eye during the challenge Spring Break in Banjoland results in the game crashing.
- The sounds of Clanker speaking are different than any other character in the Banjo-Kazooie series, as he will make very long groans while speaking, whereas any other character makes constant short-timed mumbles.
- The actual sounds that Clanker makes are Banjo's slowed down, as said by Grant Kirkhope in a "Guest Grumps" video and in the video "Rare Revealed: Five Things You Didn't Know About Banjo-Kazooie
- Many players consider him unnecessarily horrifying when they're greeted with his "big pair of creepy eyes and an even bigger set of sharp teeth", but he's a actually tragic character that only becomes terrifying when they begin to realize what he truly is. Which they later feel bad about him.
- YouTuber Blameitonjorge ranked him at #6 on his "7 Unnecessarily Horrifying Characters in Kid-Friendly Games (N64) | blameitonjorge"
|Main Characters:||Banjo · Bottles · Brentilda · Gruntilda · Kazooie · Mumbo Jumbo · Tooty|
|Bosses:||Conga · Nipper · Black Snippet · Mutie-Snippet · Yellow Flibbits · Boss Boom Box · The Zubbas|
|Minor Characters:||Ancient Ones · Bikini Girl · Boggy · Captain Blubber · Cheato · Chimpy · Clanker · Croctus · Dingpot · Eyrie · Gloop · Gnawty · Gobi · Grabba · Groggy · Gruntilda's Broomstick · Histup · Jinjo · Jinxy · Juju · Klungo · Leaky · Little Lockup · Loggo · The Mighty Jinjonator · Moggy · Motzand · Mr. Vile · Nabnut · Napper · Roysten · Rubee · Snacker · Snorkel · Soggy · Tanktup · Tiptup · The Tiptup Choir · Toots · Trunker · Tumblar · Warp Cauldrons · Wozza|
|Racers:||Banjo · Kazooie · Mumbo Jumbo · Purple Jinjo|
|Unlockable Racers:||Bottles · Humba Wumba · Gruntilda · Jolly Roger · Klungo|
|Others:||Alfred P. Cock · Bogfoot · Boggy · Boom Box · Cheato · Clanker · Dolphin · Expresso · Gruntweed · Gobi · King Jingaling · Mama Clucker · Master Jiggywiggy · Miss Bucket · Mr. Ripovski · Red Gruntling · Roysten · Sabreman · Stinglash · Squit · Tiptup · Whiplash|
|Main Characters:||Banjo · Kazooie · Gruntilda · Lord of Games · Mumbo Jumbo · Humba Wumba|
|Minor Characters:||Boggy · Bottles · Captain Blubber · Clanker · Dingpot · George Ice Cube · Golden Goliath · Jinjo · Jolly Roger · King Jingaling · Klungo · Loggo · Mildred Ice Cube · Mr. Fit · Mr. Patch · Piddles · Pikelet · Roysten · Trophy Thomas · Weldar|