|Conga the Ape|
Enemy from the Banjo-Kazooie series.
|Game(s)|| Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA)|
|Location(s)|| Mumbo's Mountain|
Conga the Ape is a giant ape who first appears in Mumbo's Mountain on top of an orange tree of which he is very possessive, throwing oranges at anyone who comes near it. He wears a red shirt with black trousers and shoes. In order to defeat him and obtain a Jiggy, Banjo and Kazooie must steal an orange by climbing the tree and giving it to Chimpy, a small monkey who is quite fond of the fruits. Chimpy will allow them access to a perch from which Blue Eggs can be fired at Conga, damaging him and eventually forcing him to surrender the glittering jigsaw piece. Another Jiggy can also be obtained from Conga by standing on each of the three blocks around the tree and tricking him into hitting the blocks with oranges, causing them to vanish and reveal a Jiggy when all three have been hit.
Conga appears again in Banjo-Tooie where he guards the entrance to the Big Top tent in Witchyworld. He will only admit Banjo and Kazooie into the tent if they turn over four Tickets, after which Conga runs off and disappears for the remainder of the game. He also acquired a carnival hat and jacket along with his other clothes. The tickets must be collected by defeating each of the four Fruities, the killer slot-machine monsters, around the tent by hitting them with Grenade Eggs, a well-aimed Bill Drill, or by ramming them with the Van transformation.
- Although Conga does not appear in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, he is directly referenced with the Citrus Slick vehicle part, which shoots oranges that slow down other racers. "Brave Mumbo steal Conga's oranges to invent this."
- It is unknown whether he intentionally set up the fight against Mr. Patch in Banjo-Tooie. If so, he presumably did it for revenge. However, if he did it for revenge, the question is why he refuses to let the pair in unless they know Airborne Egg Aiming.
- Conga uses the same soundbyte as Donkey Kong.
- Conga's carnival hat is available as a downloadable accessory for the first Viva Piñata game.
- When you are in Mumbo's Mountain and come to his tree in Termite Banjo form, he will call himself "Congo" rather than his real name because it was his beta name.
|Main Characters:||Banjo · Bottles · Brentilda · Gruntilda · Kazooie · Mumbo Jumbo · Tooty|
|Bosses:||Conga · Nipper · Black Snippet · Mutie-Snippet · Yellow Flibbits · Boss Boom Box · The Zubbas|
|Minor Characters:||Ancient Ones · Bikini Girl · Boggy · Captain Blubber · Cheato · Chimpy · Clanker · Croctus · Dingpot · Eyrie · Gloop · Gnawty · Gobi · Grabba · Groggy · Gruntilda's Broomstick · Histup · Jinjo · Jinxy · Juju · Klungo · Leaky · Little Lockup · Loggo · The Mighty Jinjonator · Moggy · Motzand · Mr. Vile · Nabnut · Napper · Roysten · Rubee · Snacker · Snorkel · Soggy · Tanktup · Tiptup · The Tiptup Choir · Toots · Trunker · Tumblar · Warp Cauldrons · Wozza|