Collectible item from the Banjo-Kazooie series.
|Used for||Give to Soggy and starving Oogle Boogle cavemen|
Fries are acquired in Witchyworld in Banjo-Tooie. To get fries, the duo need to open Salty Joe's stand (by finding the switch behind his stand) and then go talk to him. If he has fries available, he gives them to Banjo and Kazooie, despite all of Kazooie's cynical remarks. Similar to Big Al's stand that sells Burgers, Banjo and Kazooie have to leave the world for him to fry more.
A Signpost near the stand describes these limp, salty fries as the taste-free greasy alternative to a decent meal.
- Along with Burgers, Fries cannot be taken outside of Witchyworld, due to management requests. But they can be snuck out through the exit that leads to Oogle Boogles' Cave in Witchyworld. They will also be taken when they take the Pine Grove exit in the 2nd digger tunnel.
- If you give some fries to Soggy, she will return to her mother, Mrs. Boggy.
- Technically, due to Rare's status as a British company and the games' frequent usage of British terms, they would be known as "chips", as the British term for fries is such.
- Coincidentally, in the first Banjo Kazooie game, Gruntilda during her various taunts will reference fries, where she says "When I am slim once more, burgers, fries, and chips galore!"
- As noted above, while her statement is technically correct, the line should be "burgers, chips and crisps galore!" due to "chips" actually meaning the same thing as "fries" in Britain (and likewise, the British equivalent of potato chips is actually "potato crisps").