|Lord of Games|
Character from the Banjo-Kazooie series.
|Game(s)||Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts|
|Location(s)|| Showdown Town|
The Lord of Games, often abbreviated to L.O.G., is a character in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. He is sick and tired of the ongoing rivalry of Banjo, Kazooie and Gruntilda and decides to put an end to it in a final showdown. He lives in the game's hub world, Showdown Town. He claims to have had a hand in creating every video game ever made. He appears as an old-fashioned TV with Pong features, sitting atop a purple cape. He has living computer mice as pets.
In the storyline, L.O.G. offers Banjo, Kazooie and Grunty the deeds to Spiral Mountain, but they must both tend to L.O.G.'s rules: if Banjo and Kazooie can return to Spiral Mountain, they win, and Grunty wins if she can prevent them from doing so. In order to give both sides a fighting chance, he gives Grunty a mechanical replica of her original body and restores Banjo and Kazooie's physical fitness.
L.O.G. first makes his appearance at Spiral Mountain, where he easily stops a fight between Banjo-Kazooie and Gruntilda occurring by (literaly) pausing it (the word Pause appears on screan and Banjo, Kazooie, and Gruntilda are frozen in time). After deciding a pointless chalange he concocted is, well, pointless, he sends the three to Showdown Town, where the game (really) begins to show who's worthy of owning Spiral Mountain, and who's to be subjected to toil at the video game factory. Every world in which they compete is made by L.O.G.
He makes his final appearance at Spiral Mountain, where he awards 6 Jiggies for the completion of his "Six Of The Best" task. Afterwards, once Grunty is defeated, he stops the heroes from finishing her off by, again, "pausing" the game. He instantly teleports Grunty to his video game factory and hands Banjo and Kazooie the deeds to Spiral Mountain.
L.O.G, in a position of power like himself, is occasionally a bit prone to bragging, but generally is a nice guy. While he makes it known that he is attempting to be impartial in the challenge, he does admit that he doesn't want Grunty to win.
As L.O.G. has created every video game, he seems all-powerful when in one. Some abilities he's shown include:
- A threat to reduce Banjo and Kazooie to basic pixels (questionable if power is true).
- The ability to transform video game characters as he pleases.
- He can "pause" the game at will. (This seems to have a different effect than would be expected, as momentum is altered when the game is unpaused and he is uneefected by said pause.)
- He has created several game worlds just for the battle between Banjo, Kazooie and Grunty.
All we know of his family is that he has a wife, a "Lady of Games" who was the first to create games that had kittens, ponies and ninjas being blown up with rocket launchers.
- "They're all in the pipeline. You know. New Killer Instinct 3. Battletoads and Jet Force Gemini games. Even Ghoulies 2! Oh you'll never believe that. I've ruined my own humorous jape."
- "No no no, it's all too painful to watch, gamers today don't want all this, they just want to shoot things! What a pity, it looks like we're going to have to appeal to this new demographic."
- "We've been in several games!" "Ah, but not nearly as many as that Italian gentleman." -Kazooie and L.O.G.
- L.O.G's face is meant to resemble a Pong screen. Pong was one of the first video games.
|Main Characters:||Banjo · Kazooie · Gruntilda · Lord of Games · Mumbo Jumbo · Humba Wumba|
|Minor Characters:||Boggy · Bottles · Captain Blubber · Clanker · Dingpot · George Ice Cube · Golden Goliath · Jinjo · Jolly Roger · King Jingaling · Klungo · Loggo · Mildred Ice Cube · Mr. Fit · Mr. Patch · Piddles · Pikelet · Roysten · Trophy Thomas · Weldar|