Enemy from the Banjo-Kazooie series.
|Game(s)|| Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)|
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
|Location(s)|| Isle o' Hags|
Jolly Roger's Lagoon
—A Minjo, Banjo-Tooie
Minjos are the arch-enemies of the Jinjos, and, whether by coincidence or some kind of spell, look exactly like them. First appearing in Witchyworld, Minjos will imitate Jinjos from a distance, waving their arms and calling for help, but will spring into action when Banjo and/or Kazooie approach, growling and chasing after them while giving off yellow sparks. Because of their small size and high speed, they can be hard to avoid and even harder to attack, but a well-aimed Rat-a-tat Rap will dispatch them with a single hit, with rolling being completely ineffective. The player can also distinguish Minjos from Jinjos simply by firing eggs at them from a distance; if the eggs hit and damage the creature, then it is a Minjo. They can also be easily identified if they are a color that the player has already collected all the Jinjos for. It is also a theory that Minjos have a portion of orange coloring on their beaks.
Minjos also appear in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Once a Jinjo is released from a prison, a Minjo must be found, carried and put into the empty cell, Banjo earns notes from Pikelet for doing so. Unlike in Banjo-Tooie, these Minjos do not look exactly like Jinjos. They wear tattered prison clothing and handcuffs, sporting a devious smile and red eyes. They are also all light purple. Minjos are easily discernible by the cackling noise which they make when Banjo is nearby, and are usually located nearby vacated prison cells.
Sometimes, Minjos will just keep running around you in circles without curving enough to touch you. This video explains the glitch better: Click here
- Banjo and Kazooie should be careful when collecting Jinjos, as they may really be Minjos in disguise.
- You can also tell which is a Minjo since Minjos are usually in wide open spaces, while Jinjos are found in places behind bars, hard to reach places, etc.
- Some versions of Banjo Tooie add sharp teeth to the Minjos (as well as their talk icon), making them easier to identify.
- It is unknown if they are allied with Gruntilda Winkybunion.
- Minjos have deeper voices than Jinjos.
- Sometimes it's rather hard to tell the Minjos from the Jinjos in Banjo Tooie if some of the Jinjo family houses are incomplete, because it's very possible for Banjo and Kazooie to get lured towards the Minjo by thinking it's a Jinjo.
- There is cut model of a Minjo found within the game. It appears as an angrier looking, more muscular Jinjo with sharp teeth. This was most likely removed because it would have been too easy to tell them apart from standard Jinjos.