Collectible item from the Banjo-Kazooie series.
|Also known as||Magic Token, Mumbo Totem|
|Game(s)|| Banjo-Kazooie (XBLA)|
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
|Used for||Unlocking transformations|
A Mumbo Token is a collectible item found throughout the worlds in Banjo-Kazooie. They resemble Mumbo's skull in a silver tint.
Gruntilda stole these small, silver skulls from Mumbo Jumbo and scattered them throughout various worlds and in her lair. Banjo and Kazooie must collect them and return them to Mumbo Jumbo. In exchange, Mumbo will offer his services by transforming them into an object that matches the particular world's theme. A sign inside Mumbo's Skull will dictate how many tokens each transformation spell costs, and once a spell has been paid for (in increments of 5), the pair can use it as many times as they need. There are a total of 115 throughout the whole game.
In Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge, Banjo would receive small, skull-shaped pieces of magic from defeating Mecha-Grunty and Klungo at various mini-boss fights throughout the game. Mumbo would accept these as a new totem for him in exchange for transforming Banjo into a new animal. Because the game takes place in the past, Mumbo Totems are believed to be the original form of Mumbo Tokens.
- In the beta version of Banjo-Tooie, Humba Wumba was going to accept Mumbo Tokens instead of Glowbos.
- In Banjo-Kazooie Nuts And Bolts, There is a Mumbo Token in Banjo's dumpster.
- Mumbo Tokens are referred to as Shaman's Tokens in Grunty's Furnace Fun, when the tokens are a subject of one of the questions.
- Mumbo Tokens say "Eekum Bokum" when collected. The origination of this comes from the chants in the background of Mayahem Temple's music being broken into syllables and pieced together. The same process was used for Mumbo's dialogue mumbles.
- There are actually 116 Mumbo Tokens in the game, instead of 115. However, two of the Mumbo Tokens in Mad Monster Mansion, (One inside Loggo and one in the cellar,) share the same flag number, meaning that if you collect one of them the other will disappear.
- Not all Mumbo Tokens are used in the game, implying that some were going to be used for a hidden level that was later scratched.