Squawkmatch is a multiplayer feature found in Banjo-Tooie. It consists of two to four players blasting each other with eggs scattered around the maps.
Controls (N64 Version).
B: Beak Bayonet
Control Stick: Move
R: Change Egg Type
Left and Right C: Strafe
Up and Down C: Look up and down
R (Hold): Aiming Sight
A (In front of secret door): open/close door
Weight: Weight is a key component for any character. The weight classes are: Lightweight, Middleweight and Heavyweight.
Lightweights are fast and are hard to hit because they don't contain any extra weight. There is only one lightweight.
Middleweights move at an average pace so they are easier to damage. These characters carry extra gear, slowing them down. There are three middleweights.
Heavyweights (aka: tanks) are very solid
Banjo: An average, all-rounder character.
Mumbo Jumbo: An average, all-rounder character.
Jamjars: A heavy, slow character
Gruntilda: A heavy, extremely slow character
Jinjo: A quick speedy character
- While Banjo uses Kazooie to shoot eggs like a rifle, most of the other characters hold a small bird like a pistol.
- When playing as a Jinjo, the player controls a Jinjo holding another Jinjo.
- In normal mode all in-game eggs and another type of egg is available. The new type are golden eggs.
- Golden eggs let the player fire an unlimited amount of gold-coloured eggs as rapidly as a machine gun. Instead of an amount of eggs, the golden eggs have a timer.
- The golden egg is likely a reference to the golden gun in another popular N64 game, GoldenEye 007.