Enemy from the Banjo-Kazooie series.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
|Weakpoint||Red and white targets|
“I am Targitzan, mighty Mayan god of target shooting! Prepare to meet thy dart-ridden doom!”
If Banjo and Kazooie try to enter his temple before learning Breegull Blaster:
- Targitzan: Halt! No one enters until they have learned the ancient art of bird handling!
- Banjo: I wonder what that means?
- Kazooie: Perhaps that Jamjars bozo can tell us...
When Banjo and Kazooie enter his temple for the first time after learning Breegull Blaster:
- Good! I see you have mastered the art of bird handling. I now challenge you to collect the sacred statues and find your prize...
If Banjo and Kazooie leave the temple, without collecting enough statues:
- Cowardly Mortal! Get back in here and challenge me for my prize!
After collecting 10 statues:
- Not bad, Mortal. Ten statues gains you entry to my slightly sacred chamber...
- Very impressive, Mortal. Twenty statues gains you entry to my really sacred chamber...
Before the boss battle:
- Kazooie: Look, Banjo, there's another Jiggy! This is just too easy...
- Banjo: Yep, we'll have the game finished in no time!
- Targitzan: Halt, Mortal! Thought you'd get another Jiggy that easily, eh? I am Targitzan, mighty Mayan god of target shooting! Prepare to meet thy dart-ridden doom!
During the boss battle:
- Arrrgh! I can't feel my legs anymore... Get him, you worthless moggies!
Having been defeated:
- Nooooo! You've beaten me! Now suffer as I invoke my sacred self-destruct...
If Banjo and Kazooie lose the battle, then return:
- Targitzan: I am still Targitzan, mighty Mayan god of the targets!
- Kazooie: We haven't forgotten...
- Targitzan: Good. Then prepare to meet thy doom once more!
Targitzan is a powerful Mayan deity that resembles a totem pole. He is made up of five constantly spinning segments, excluding his head. The other four segments all covered in targets and dart-spewing faces. The ratio of faces to targets increases the further up his body, making the difficulty of the battle steadily increase each time the bear and bird manage to destroy one of his segments. Targitzan is immobile and confined to the dead center of the arena.
His head is a sandstone monument with an intricate headdress-like structure at the top and has glowing jeweled eyes perched right about his bucktoothed mouth.
Targitzan first appears in Banjo-Tooie as a boss in the game. He gives Banjo and Kazooie his own challenge. He at first tells Banjo and Kazooie to learn the Breegull Blaster in order to enter the temple's challenge. The duo must go to Jamjars outside of the temple to learn Breegull Blaster. Then, Banjo and Kazooie can enter the temple to do Targitzan's challenge. They must first aim for gaining ten jade statues to enter his "Slightly Sacred Chamber" where a Jiggy lies and which they must collect. Then twenty to gain entry to his "Really Sacred Chamber", where he lies and where the duo can fight him.
When the duo enter, they encounter a Jiggy, conveniently placed exactly like the one in the Slightly Sacred Chamber, in the middle and unguarded. They discuss how easy their mission will be, if all of the Jiggies are placed like this, but suddenly the gate closes behind them and Targitzan rises out of the ground, towering thousands of feet above them, with the Jiggy on his head.
Targitzan will start spinning each of his segments in the middle of the arena. Banjo and Kazooie must use their Breegull Blaster ability to fire Blue Eggs or Golden Eggs at the targets on his totem's bottom segment. Once the segment is destroyed after four targets are hit, he will call for Moggies to come and help him. Only one is spawned, though, and once it is easily killed, Targitzan, now one totem segment lower, will start spinning again. This new second from the bottom segment comes with one dart-spewing face now, and the duo will have to avoid it while still hitting four targets. There are shield-like objects surrounding the arena that the duo can hide behind, but they are destroyed after several hits and do not regenerate. Once these targets are hit, eventually they will come back to an un-hit state, so the duo may fire a target more than once. After this segment is destroyed, Targitzan will summon two Moggies to battle the duo. When these are killed, the battle will continue in much the same way. The next two segments will have increasingly more dart-spewing heads, each is destroyed in four hits on targets, and the destruction is followed by an increasing number of Moggies being spawned- three with one segment left, and four when they are all destroyed. When all Moggies are dead and all of Targitzan's lower segments are destroyed, he will make one last attempt to destroy them when he does a "sacred self-destruct." In three seconds he explodes himself, firing darts in every direction. These do only one piece of damage, and once Targitzan is gone, the Jiggy will fall to its previous placement, and the duo may simply grab it and leave.
A golden statue of Targitzan's head appears in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts as one of the exhibits in Banjoland, near the Mumbo's Mountain Stonehenge. It is not visible at first until a nearby button is hit, after which it rises out of the ground and spews soccer balls from its mouth. Specifically, this statue resembles the "Sacred Priceless Relic Thingy", a priceless artifact built in the likeness of Targitzan that was lost by Chief Bloatazin (or rather stolen by the Unga Bunga Tribe).
A smaller statue of Targitzan can also be found at the bottom of the museum's built-in lake. It can be disassembled using the wrench or by crashing into it. This statue of Targitzan uses the authentic Nintendo 64 model instead of a redesigned one.
Names in Other Languages
Whirl Totem God
Despótico Dios Tótem Mareado
|From apuntar (point)|
Despotic Dizzy Totem God
Insane Totem God
- Targitzan's name is a pun on "target" and "Tarzan."
- Targitzan's real Mayan god counterpart may be Ah Chuy Kuk, Buluc Chabtan, Ekchuah, & Xbalanque, all Mayan gods related to war.
- It is impossible to get on top of his head to get a Jiggy. However, through use of glitches, it is possible to fire a Clockwork Kazooie Egg to retrieve it.
- Since Targitzan's eyes are jewels, he does not have a blinking animation.
|Main Characters:||Banjo · Kazooie · Gruntilda · Lord of Games · Mumbo Jumbo · Humba Wumba|
|Minor Characters:||Boggy · Bottles · Captain Blubber · Clanker · Dingpot · George Ice Cube · Golden Goliath · Jinjo · Jolly Roger · King Jingaling · Klungo · Loggo · Mildred Ice Cube · Mr. Fit · Mr. Patch · Piddles · Pikelet · Roysten · Trophy Thomas · Weldar|